When do you rehearse?
- Wednesday evening – 7.30pm to 9.30pm, and,
- Sundays – 10am to 1pm (from February)
How can I join?
- First fill in our online application form, you will then be invited to attend some workshops and an audition
- The workshops take place over the schoool summer holidays and are free
- When auditioning you will be required to act and sing
- Being able to dance is helpful, but not essential
- Auditions are held in August / September of each year for the next season’s intake (September)
When are the auditions?
- Workshops and auditions to become a member of CYT take place in August/September of 2019
- NB. Due to the large number of people applying this year we currently have no vacancies for our workshops/auditions in 2019
- If you would like to go onto our 2020 waiting list please complete an application in the Auditioning section above
How old do you have to be?
- You must be in school year 8 to become a member of the youth theatre
- New intake join in September to match the school year
- You must not have reached the age of 20
What if I'm too young to join?
- There is another group that runs at the Concordia Theatre on a Saturday morning called Bright Musical Classes – please complete an online Contact Us form to be sent more information
When is the next production?
- Our productions are usually in the 3rd week of June each year
- Our next show is Legally Blonde the Musical in June 2020
What do we expect from our members?
- All members are required to participate wholeheartedly in all workshops, events, rehearsals and annual production
- Timekeeping is essential; continued lateness and absenteeism is frowned upon and will likely result in you being give a “strike” – we operate a “three strikes and you’re out” rule
- Commitment to the Concordia Youth Theatre
- Honesty and an openness towards others
- Respect for the Concordia Theatre, staff, patrons and the building
- To perform to your highest standard, always giving maximum effort
- Whilst you must have a modicum of talent in singing, dancing or acting, we prefer to take those that will offer continued commitment and a dedicated approach to the society
- And last but by no means least – to have FUN !
How is the Youth Theatre set up?
- The Concordia Youth Theatre is committee run with a Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary and several other dedicated committee members
- Two representatives from the Youth Theatre members – a head boy and head girl – also join the committee as senior members
How are members protected?
- The CYT takes the safeguarding and protection of all our members very seriously
- Each member of the committee and production team undertake enhanced DBS checks and are chaperone licensed by Leicester County Council
- The society follows and adhere’s to the Concordia Theatre’s Safeguarding policy
How much does it cost to be a member?
- The annual membership fee is £38, payable in advance
- We insist that all Youth Theatre members also become Concordia Theatre Members – this is included in the annual membership fee